Summer Veggie & Hummus Sandwich
Prep Time: 20
○ 1 can chickpeas
○ 1 garlic clove
○ Juice from 1 lemon
○ ½ tsp paprika
○ ½ tsp salt
○ 1/3 cup olive oil
○ 2 tbsp tahini
○ 1 zucchini
○ 1 large beet
○ ½ cup micro greens
○ 4 slices of bread of choice (used chia and super-grains bread)
1) To make hummus, strain chickpeas and rinse. Add to blender or food
2) Peel garlic clove and add to blender/food processor along with lemon juice, paprika, salt, olive and tahini. Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth and
creamy. If not fully smooth, blend for another 1-2 minutes. Once smooth, set aside in fridge.
3) Take zucchini and using a mandolin, create thin ribbons. Creating approximately 12 thin ribbons. Take each ribbon and roll into small rolls, set aside.
4) Peel beet and slide off ends. Using a mandolin, slice beet into thin circular slices. Take each slice and roll into small rolls, set aside.
5) Toast 4 slices of bread of choice.
6) Once toasted, take 2 slices of toast and spread with thick layer of hummus. Top each slice with micro greens along with zucchini and beet rolls.
7) Top with another slice of toast and cut in halves.
8) Garnish with micro greens, stack and enjoy!
Recipe by: Nicole Kaumanns @the.healthy.foodiee