Frozen Blueberry Lime Squares
Makes: 24 squares
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Freeze Time: 5 hours
For the Crust:
○ 2 cups pitted dates
○ 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
○ 2 cup raw pecans
○ ½ tsp cinnamon
○ 1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
For the Blueberry Filling:
○ 7 medium ripe bananas
○ 2 cups frozen blueberries
○ 3-4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
○ Juice of 1 lime
○ 1 tsp vanilla
○ ½ unsweetened shredded coconut
○ 1 tbsp lime peel
1) Slice bananas and place in freezer bag. Freeze for 2 hours (you can freeze for longer than 2 hours).
2) In food processor, combine dates, coconut, pecans, cinnamon and almond milk. Pulse for 1-2 minutes. (If the crust isn’t sticking together when pressing add more almond milk and pulse for 30 seconds).
3) Place crust in a lined 9×9 pan. Spread evenly and press down with hands. Set aside.
4) Remove bananas from freezer. Place in food processor and add frozen
blueberries, lime juice, almond milk and vanilla. Blend for 2 minutes until
5) Place the blueberry filling in the lined 9×9 pan on top of the nut crust. Spread evenly.
6) Top with coconut and place in freezer for 3 hours.
7) Remove from freezer and cut into squares. Place on serving plate and
sprinkle with lime peel. Decorate with lime slices. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Nicole Kaumanns @the.healthy.foodiee